From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Tristan von Neumann
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 12:20 PM
To: lutelist Net
Subject: [LUTE] Here it is: John Dowland Fantasy 7 - Raga Bilawal.

I have decided to post this anyway....

(this is for you, Gene!)

100% match. No excuse for "coincidence". This is consciously planned to the
detail.
About choosing the point of alignment: it is always the beginning or the
ending, depending what piece is longer. I never cheat.

This also confirms my hypothesis that John Dowland was the key distributor of
Ragas....

Has anybody wondered where the "Blue notes" in English music come from?
Now you know.
Whoever played this had great intuition. Maybe he's on the list and recognizes
his playing. (I pitched the lute higher though...)

Now you know also about the true tempo to play Dowland.
(Relax, Paul :))

https://soundcloud.com/tristan-von-neumann/john-dowland-fantasy-7-alhaiya-bilawal