My level at the moment lets me play Siena No. 20 comfortably, also the one in Donauschingen is ok for me. The others are still too tricky for me.

:)
T*

Am 14.07.2018 um 23:33 schrieb Arthur Ness:
You're in luck, Tristan.  Richard Falkenstein, the recently retired editor of JLSA, has an excellent  SUNY/Buffalo master's thesis on Pierino* Fiorentino, Francesco's well known student and disciple.  Most of it (except for Rick's complete edition of his works) appears also in JLSA 34 (2001): 37-100.  He lists the complete sources and modern editions. Also see Rick's "Perino Fiorentino and the Dentices: A Poliical Fantasy and the Siena Lute Book," JLSA 44 (2011): 1-46.

*The spelling stems from a typo on the titlepage of the 1566 Dorico print (/*recte*/ 1546: M. D. XLVI, not M. D. LXVI). Later "Pierino" is also used.  See Rick's footnote 1 (page 37).  His gravestone also reads "Pierino."<sigh>  Rick had access to the unique Dorico print, edited by Pierino himself.

Arthur Ness
arthurjn...@verizon.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Tristan von Neumann <tristanvonneum...@gmx.de>
To: lutelist Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sat, Jul 14, 2018 1:37 pm
Subject: [LUTE] Perino Fiorentino

Dear Lutists,

whenever I (at least try to) play Perino, it's such a magical
experience. I really like this guy.
Is there any source I may have overlooked, apart from the Francesco
collection and the Siena Lute Book?

Thanks:)

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html <http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/%7Ewbc/lute-admin/index.html>