I’m giving a talk on the lute next week and I was searching for a statistic
about how much of the Renaissance lute repertoire consist of intabulations.
Also, I am looking for statistics (estimates really) of how many tabs there are
and could have been and how many songs with in tabulation there are. I’ve heard
that outside of the piano and possibly violin there is more lute music than for
any other instrument. I want to back that up. If you could point me to some
research or quotes somewhere on the Internet, I would be much obliged.
Thanks in advance.

Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan
http://www.youtube.com/user/edurbrow?feature=watch