On 27.10.2018 14:20, G. C. wrote:
    Right Rainer! Could generosi also mean "generous"? A generous
    rosicrucian? (Of an outstanding Dowland Fantasia?)
    I have two related questions:
    In New Grove's entry on Rosseter:
    "In a lawsuit concerning Dowland's Second Booke of Songs in 1601 he
    gave his age as 33."   Anyone knows about this lawsuit? Was it
    concerning Barley's publication?

No. See Margaret Dowling's [sic!] paper about the lawsuit.

I'll send a copy.

Rainer

    In Mylius "Grammatica" translates as chromatic. There is another
    Grammatica in there by Montbuisson. Haven't played it - but I gather it
    is therefore another chromatic piece I can add to my list?

It's called "Grammatica Victoris Galli."