   dissertation, but it is still an excellent reference.
   Best,
   ed

   On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 11:30 AM Arthur Ness
   <[1]arthurjn...@mail.cs.dartmouth.edu> wrote:

        Not to be overlooked is Wallace Rave's dissertation, a thorough
     study
        of the sources,
        "Some Manuscripts of French Lute Music 1630-1700: An Introductory
        Study"
        (Ph.D. diss., U of Illinois, Urbana, 1972). 459 pp.
        Dissertation Express, ProQuest #7310031.
        Alas the Hender Robarts ms was discovered too late for inclusion
     in the
        dissertation.
        Arthur
        -----Original Message-----
        From: Edward Martin <[2]edvihuel...@gmail.com>
        To: Matthew Daillie <[3]dail...@club-internet.fr>
        Cc: lute net <[4]lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
        Sent: Fri, Aug 23, 2019 8:32 am
        Subject: [LUTE] Re: Hender Robarts Book
          Dear   Matthew, Martin, and Jean-Marie,
          Thank you for your responses very much.   I have Coelho's book,
     and I
          looked at the article by Wallace Rave, and it did supply some
          additional information.
          This book, being a major source of the works of Ennemond
     Gaultier, is
          quite fascinating, as it gives us a glimpse into seeing a book
     penned
          by a professional lute teacher in the mid 17th century. This
     teacher
          did not include works of his own - perhaps he did not compose
     at all.
          Rave provides a comparison in a Courante, comparing the
     Perrine,
          "Pieces", and Robarts versions and some of the fine details in
     their
          differences.   "Bourgaise" seems certainly to have been an
     excellent
          teacher.
          Thanks to all of you!
          ed
          On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 3:08 AM Matthew Daillie