On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM, frodox <fro...@zoho.com> wrote:
> yup, lxc-attach starts a process inside a running container. But it can
> starts only processes/programs that already exists (installed) inside a
> container.
>
> May be I misunderstand Dominik Schulz,

Reading at the archive, Dominik pretty much wanted lxc-attach.

> but what I mean -- how to execute/move a process from host OS inside a
> running container

It was Marco who wanted something that. And for that requirement, I
have no idea whether it's possible.

> (i.e. without installing it inside; like run it in sandbox or move already
> running process).
> It is very close to recent thread "Howto/Tutorial wanted: Running an
> application inside a container"

That's different. Stephane's article installs the program inside the container.

> (btw, I succeeded your tutorial in that thread, except gui apps.)

... and the problem is ...?

IIRC I had some problems as well (using bind-mounted existing root and
overlayfs as container root), and it turns out part of the startup
process inside the container removes /tmp/.X11-unix/* . The
"workaround" was to disable (or uninstall) lightdm (or whatever
display manager you use) inside the container, so the hosts's
/tmp/.X11-unix/X0 stays intact.

> And, well, related question.
> I read a lot, that it's not good to run lxc-execute, and also you said
>  > ... Again, personally I prefer to simply use full OS in the container(even
> with the consequence oh having to update it separately from thehost) combined
> with lxc-start and lxc-attach.

I did say "personally" :)
Other people might find lxc-execute useful for their needs.

> is there any security issues, except

not that I know of there are specific to lxc-execute.

--
Fajar