Hello,

> I was wondering out loud about the best design to solve his problem.
>
> If we try to redirect kernel-generated messages to containers, we have
> several problems, including whether we need to duplicate the messages
> to the host container.  So in one sense it seems more flexible to
>       1. send everything to host syslog
                No, if we do that all CONTs message will reach
                the same bucket and it will be difficult to sort
                them out..
                CONT sys_admin and HOST sys_admin could be different
                "entity", so you debug CONT config and critical
                needed information reach HOST (which you do not
                have access to).
>       2. clamp down on syslog use by processes not in the init_user_ns
                Could give me more detail??...
>       3. let the userspace on the host copy messages into a socket or
>          file so child container can pretend it has real syslog.

                So you trap printk message from CONT on the HOST and
                redirect them on CONT but on a standard syslog channel.
                Seem OK to me, as long /proc/kmsg is not existing
                (/dev/null) in the CONT file tree.

--
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                   Internet: j...@safe.ca