On 2011-07-02 17:03, Stuart Johnson wrote:

>> Did you modify /etc/init/* scripts? The guest is also Natty?
>
> No, I didn't change the init scripts. Guest also Natty.  Any
> particular script or log I should be looking at?

If there is no gateway after startup, then your guest's network was not
setup by guest, only by lxc, that's why there is gateway.

Try this:

$ cat /etc/init/lxclo.conf
# description "LXC vs. Upstart workarounds"
start on startup
task
console output

     script
      # As lxc 0.7's halt/reboot detection hack needs /var/run to NOT be a
      # tmpfs, we need to manually clean it -- esp. the ifstate file that
      # tells falsely tells ifupdown "lo is up".
      #
      # To debug, add -printf "Deleting stale file %p\n" before -delete.
      find /var/run/ -xdev -not -path /var/run/ -delete
      initctl emit -n stopped JOB=udevtrigger
      initctl emit -n started JOB=udev
      # This one is needed for broken ifupdown NMU 0.6.8ubuntu29.1
      initctl emit -n net-device-up IFACE=lo LOGICAL=lo ADDRFAM=inet
METHOD=loopback
     end script

Is lxcguest deb package installed?

tamas