Quoting Papp Tamas (tom...@martos.bme.hu):
> On 04/03/2013 11:18 PM, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >
> >I'm working right now on clone in the c api.  The basics were simple
> >enough, now to tackle the blockdev copy/snapshotting...
>
> Is zfs on the support list?:)
> Or just existing backingtores, like btrfs, lvm..etc?

It's on the list - only trick is I need to learn how to use it :)

Currently the list should be:

dir, raw, btrfs, overlayfs, aufs, lvm, loop, zfs

and I'd like to add qemu-nbd (and qcow2/qed which would just add
snapshotting to qemu-nbd for container clone) if I can cleanly fit
partitioned blockdevs, but I'm not sure I can.  Maybe support something
like

/home/serge/disk1.qcow2:2

meaning partition 2 from that file mounted over qemu-nbd?

Also IIRC Stéphane put on the 1.0 roadmap 'blockdev plugins' - but
that may be worded a bit too ambitiously - I don't ended to make these
true 'plugins', just a clean set of per-blockdev-type operations which
are always enabled.  Maybe some other time for loadable plugins.

-serge