Hello!

Henry Gebhardt has written on Saturday, 14 September, at 11:41:
>On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 05:28:14AM +0200, Giuseppe Penone wrote:

>I'd rather that there is only one version of a launchbar and a taskbar
>in the panel. By this I mean that the plugins 'launchbar' and 'taskbar'
>should be removed, and we should come up with a good way to upgrade from
>them to the 'launchtaskbar'. Users should not be required to actively
>change their configuration.

    I am highly against it. I strictly want separate taskbar (I actually
have it auto-hiding at bottom of screen) and I want always be able to use
launchbar(s). I'm agree that adding new window of existing application is
better in some cases than try to launch it again but that does not remove
requirement of separate taskbar in any case. :)

>> > I wasn't able to add any launchers to the launchbar. It didn't find any
>> > applications.

>> be careful you have to restart the panel manually (I removed automatic
>> because it happened sometimes the panel didn't really restart) then add the
>> plugin "Application Launch and Task Bar" removing two single plugins
>> "Application Launch Bar" and "Task Bar".

>I'll try again later. There have been some changes in master that change
>lxpanel_launch_app(). Can you test with the newest master merged?

>BTW, I have been contemplating removing the "lxpanelctl restart" option,
>as it seems rather useless. Any comments?

    Well, it is useless if you don't have panel running after crash but
IMHO it should put a warning and start a panel instead so you always be
sure you restart the panel by invoking this. I know the GNOME prefer to
remove feature if it is buggy but we aren't GNOME, are we? :)

>Cheers,
>Henry

    Cheers!
    Andriy.