Pre-release of LyX version 2.0.0 (beta 4)

We are pleased to announce the fourth public pre-release of LyX 2.0.0.

Except usual bugfixing we fixed random crashes connected with the
new background export and compilation feature.

As far as new features is considered it is now possible to set the
table width, customize the language package per document and
export LyX files as a single archive containing linked material
(e.g. images) directly via export menu.

Since this is most probably the last beta release we also added
convertor for old (1.6) preference files which are automatically
checked on the startup now.

Please report the problems and bugs at our lists or bug tracker and
also note that this release is for testing purposes only. Users are
encouraged to use current 1.6 stable release for any serious work.

Tarballs and binaries can be found at ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/
Note that windows installers might not appear for this release.

LyX 2.0.0 will be culmination of more than two years of hard work
and you can find an overview of the new features here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/NewInLyX20

If you think you found a bug in LyX 2.0.0, either e-mail the LyX
developers' mailing list (lyx-devel at lists.lyx.org), or open a bug
report at http://www.lyx.org/trac/wiki/BugTrackerHome

If you have trouble using LyX or have a question, consult the
documentation that comes with LyX and http://wiki.lyx.org.
If you can't find the answer there, e-mail the LyX users' list
(lyx-users at lists.lyx.org).

We hope you will enjoy the result!

The LyX team.
http://www.lyx.org