Steven> Hi, When I resize my window when it is overlapped by another
Steven> window, LyX fouls up the contents of the window. Since I use a
Steven> somewhat unusual port (I ported LyX to Windows NT using the
Steven> Cygwin library), I would like to know if others have the same
Steven> problem.

Interesting. Did you need to change things to make it work?

Steven> Try the following: 1) Start LyX and open a file.  2) Drag
Steven> another window and make it overlap the window with LyX.  3)
Steven> Make the LyX window active (it should still be under the other
Steven> window) and resize it. When I do this, I see the contents of
Steven> the overlapping window move.  4) Enter the LyX window and
Steven> scroll around. I can see that scrolling is done by copying
Steven> bitmaps and not by explicitly redrawing the screen. When I
Steven> scroll up and down, I can see the bitmap of the overlapping
Steven> window again.

I would say this is a problem with your X server or the xforms
port. What server are you using?