Amir> On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 12:09:53PM +0100, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
Amir> wrote:

>> Agreed. The code freeze is (mainly) in place, altough a few new
>> features have slipped in :) We might want to delay the litterate
>> programming and 'Replace all' features until 1.0.1, maybe.

Amir> I agree. We've theoretically had a feature freeze for months
Amir> now, and if we don't have a real feature freeze, 1.0 will never
Amir> be released. There's nothing wrong with delaying these things
Amir> til 1.0.1. After all, 1.0.1pre1 could come out the day after
Amir> 1.0.0. We just want to get something *out* there.

That's what I had in mind. In fact, 1.0.0 would have been out if only
Lars did not decide that he deserved a vacation... He is away, I get
bored, so I commit new patches, and the release date slips. However,
he's back tomorrow, and everything will come back to normal :)

Amir> It's great that Martin (whom we all know by now is a famous
Amir> linux writer) has volunteered to do PR. Don't forget that Allan
Amir> Rae had volunteered to do so, too, and I know he had at least
Amir> some plans. I'm sure that Allan will be happy to co-direct PR
Amir> with Martin (at least, I get the impression neither of you
Amir> *really* wants to do it) but you probably ought to coordinate
Amir> your efforts.

I did not forget about Allan, but he does not seem to have much time
these days. And he should keep is free time for the gui-independent
stuff :)

Amir> OTOH, Allan was away. Is he back? Do we know when he's
Amir> returning?

Well, he mysteriously commited a bunch of changes recently, but no
more news appeared.