On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Angus Leeming wrote:

> FINALLY --- and perhaps most importantly for me --- A
> QUESTION
>
> I haven't done anything in the xforms/forms directory, yet
> all three pop-ups work. Why is the forms directory needed?
> A.

This contains files created by "fdesign". They are used with this when
changing the GUI layout and generate the code you see in build() ...
you can just move the .fd files from lyx/forms (iirc), add them to the
Makefile, and add names for each element as described in the README
in that directory

unless anyone wants to correct me ;)

john

p.s. is there any chance we could have a look at the script that's being
written to transform lyx gtk-- stuff -> rae ? I know it's not finished but
maybe it would be instructive