On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 02:53:43PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > But I've seen ports of Gcc-4 to mingw and cygwin. That would solve the
> > problem, wouldn't it? Enrico, would you comment on that?
>
> Not really, because most people will grab the official Qt4 from the Trolls
> and
> the you'll start hitting the classic ABI-incompatibility issues between C++
> binaries compiled with different flavours of g++.

ATM Qt4 is not officially available for cygwin but eventually it will be:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.cygwin/3191/focus=3191

This one will be an X11 version. The last month, quite scared by the "drop
qt3 soon" thread, I tried compiling a native GUI version of qt4 for
cygwin and I think I succeeded pretty well as, before the unicode switch,
everything was working like a charm.

So, Qt4/X11 will be (I think soon) available for cygwin and I already
have a cygwin Qt4/Win working flawlessly (all qt4 examples compile and
run, and LyX also was working on everything before the unicode hurricane).

--
Enrico