José,

thanks for the patch.

I could not apply the patch using the patch command, you apparently generated
it for a different version of configure.py.

I applied it manually and it worked, configure runs now thorugh.

How do I know when your two patches are applied to the 1.4.x tree, such that I
could check before the release of 1.4.3 if it is compatible with QT 3.0.x and
Python 2.2.1?

Thanks,
Rainer

--