Martin Vermeer wrote:
Hmmm, would the construct

                cur.updateFlags(Update::FitCursor | Update::SinglePar);

work here? It would update always only the paragraph the math inset is
in, but the whole screen only if the cursor lands outside it.

- Martin

OK so I tried this... doesn't work.

The problem is that indeed then only the paragraph containing the math
inset is redrawn (as shown by debug output), including the inset -- but
somehow the corner markers are not reset. I get the impression that
without the updateFlags statement, the whole inset is hierarchically
refreshed*), but with that statement, _even including SinglePar_, no
real refresh appears to take place.

I noticed that also, yes. I think the updateFlag is reset somewhere during the dispatch calling hierarchy. I did use some trick to make sure that they are not reset for text insets and I think we should do the same for math inset.

*) Even so, that moving the cursor somewhere in an math array inset will
refresh corner marker "turds" left in other cells of this inset, and at
various nesting depths -- I had for testing modified only "cursor
right", which then started dropping these turds.

What is a turds?

This is mysterious.

Not that much once you take the effort to go through the dispatch machinery step by step. But this sure takes a great deal of time and is awfully complicated...

Abdel.