Charpentier Philippe wrote:

> and in some cases:
> in the .layout : Style Théorème_ST
> in the .lyx \begin_layout Théorème ST
> in the .ui : Item "Théorème ST" "layout Théorème ST"
> (the difference being for _ in the Style name)
>
> Thus the conversion have to modify the three files correctly.

That will probably not happen. You have to change the ui file on your own.
Changing the layout/inc and .lyx files is possible because we have the
infrastructure already, but going through the .ui files is far more
difficult. Please remember that this only worked by accident in an
environment where the locale encoding and the document encoding are
identical and was never officially supported.

> And of course it may happens that styles Théorème
> and Theoreme and Thèoréme and Théorème_ST and
> Théorème_T etc... exist in the files which are
> input in a given .layout (recursively)... In that case
> what happens? The best would be that the script
> ask the user to choose new names(?) and do after
> the right conversions in all files.

No, this should be automatic. Codes exist to create a unique new name for
these cases.

> And, possibly, there is an other case I did not test: may be
> it was possible to define a counter with non ASCII
> characters, in that case, this also has to be
> converted?

That was definitely not possible, since counters translate 1:1 to LaTeX, and
LaTeX does not support non-ascii letters in counters without dirty catcode
hacks that we don't use.

Georg