Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Herbert Voss wrote:
>> where is the sense having the spaces inside the argument?
>
> The macro embraces all newly added text. So if I have a phrase
> "this is it."
> and add
> "this is it now."
> the lyxdeleted macro includes the preceding blank, because it belongs to the
> added text (and must not be output if the user disables "show changes in
> output").

then take the space as a space ... {\color{blue}~foo~}

>> foo{\color{blue}\xspace text }bar
>>
>> {\color{blue}\xspace text }bar
>>
>> needs package xspace
>
> I guess this is too complicated. Are there any drawbacks if we just use
> double
> brackets, as in
>
> \newcommand{\lyxadded}[3]{\textcolor{lyxadded}{{#3}}}

\textcolor{blue}{{ foo }}bar baz
has a space as first character. This makes no sense at the beginning of
a line.

{\color{blue}{ foo }}bar baz

is correct, no space at the beginning of a line but a space in a
line:

foo{\color{blue}{ foo }}bar baz

this color setting is better than using \textcolor, when you have
paragraphs as argument.

Herbert