Ozgur Ugras BARAN wrote:
Well, I don't know. Please try yourself and let me know. Attached is
two patches: First patch (toc.diff) prevents over-demoting and second
one (TocBackend.diff), puts everything in TOC. (Abdel, This was what
you had asked, isn't it?)
No need for a patch to test "everything in TOC", I can test that effect
by setting everything to numbered in the document settings.

In my opinion, numbered TOC entries are structural elemens of a
document. Non-numbered ones are used mostly for categorization
elements. Therefore I vote for the first patch.
This is correct for documents that actually use numbers. Some kinds
of literature don't, or perhaps only chapters are numbered. It is
still nice to be able to rearrange things.

I don't think putting another slider in dialog area is a good idea in
terms of simpllicity of dialog. Similar settings are made in
Document/Settings/Numbering & TOC, which is correct place for this
IMHO.
I disagree. The settings in "Numbering" decides what headings get printed
with a number, and what headings get in the printed TOC.

A third slider there, that don't affect the document (just the TOC dialog)
would be
* confusing - people not using the TOC dialog will see it
* cumbersome - people using the TOC will need to bring up another dialog

A slider with the caption "Levels to show here" (or perhaps some better english)
surely is one more item in the dialog. But this is where it belongs, because
it affects nothing but the dialog itself. It is easy for the user to see
what it does by experimenting.  It can also be safely ignored for beginners.
It won't get in the way when the TOC dialog isn't in use.

Having the numbered levels as a default setting will give todays setup
by default. But the users can then customize.  Some will find it too crowded
when the dialog shows numbered subsubsections, other will enable
more for finer control.

Helge Hafting