Try the following: create a 2x1 table with 2 characters in cell 1 and
4 in cell 4. Put cursor at the end of cell 2 and do Shift-Up,
Shift-Left.

I see.

You get a crash, but no LFUN_FINISHED action is invoked. It is really
multi-cell selection that is broken.

But my patch was correct in that saveSelection should not be called
before LFUN_FINISHED is processed in that particular case. The patch
fixes the problem and save the correct selected text (things in the
lower cell).

Your patch prevents other crashes and should also go in.

Can I submit my second version of the patch?

Bo