Dov> But what do you think about this suggestion: instead of adding
Dov> switchKeyMap in the new place, and where I added it originally,
Dov> just add it inside translateAndInsert() itself? (I haven't tried
Dov> this out yet --- but if it works, does that sound OK?)

Looks good. However, since translateAndInsert is a method that depends
on the keymap, it is already too late.

Here is what I would do:

- create a Intl::translateAndInsert that first contains code
  equivalent to BufferView::switchKeyMap, and then calls
  getTransManager()::translateAndInsert.

- remove BufferView::switchKeyMap

Even if it looks a little bit more work, I believe it is much cleaner.