Martin Vermeer wrote:
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:34:28PM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:
I need four positive votes to
outnumber our future-oriented masters (who consider this as a useless
ugly hack).
I like it. And the future work needed to get to that "box-based" solution will be substantial.

When the time comes, adding lyx2lyx code to convert this "hack" will be
the smallest of our worries ;-)
Ugly, yes. Useless, no. As I've said before, this question is seen on the user list fairly frequently. LyX ought to provide some reasonably sensible way to do this. Granted that there might be a better way, but no such other way will appear until at least 1.6, and I'll wager a lot later. So yeah, you get my vote.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto