Georg Baum wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:

Georg Baum wrote:
Richard Heck wrote:
Without any optional arguments, this script acts like dir_copy.py did:
It copies all files in LyX's temporary directory to a subdirectory of
the target directory. But now the script takes two optional arguments:
    -e: a list of extensions to copy, by default all
    -t: an extension to add to the name of the generated target
directory, by default "LyXconv"
Why -t?
Well, -e would be better, but it was taken. 't' was for "target". I
didn't have any better ideas.
With target I associate the complete name. What about -s for suffix?
As you'll see, I've committed. But I'll change this. That is better.
IMHO in the long term the usual ask-overwrite mechanism should kick in if
a file with the same name as the directory already exists. Then no
artificial suffix is needed.
Yes. But copiers don't know about that at present, and it's not clear
how they could.
They don't need to. AFAIK LyX does this check that before calling a copier.
In fact I don't know what happens if the existing object is a file, and a
directory is to be created, or vice versa. I guess that the operation will
fail with some weird error if the users chooses to overwrite.
I'll have a look at this. I plan to have a look at bug 3047 anyway.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto