An update to the previous patch, incorporating a check for a multi-paragraph selection. I'll commit after rc2, if there is no objection. I go away Thursday morning on vacation, though, so if rc2 is not out by then, someone else will have to do it for me....

Richard

====

The attached patch deals with the remaining issues with the Paragraph Settings dialog, after the long discussion about how to do it. I've redesigned the dialog itself in accord with some ideas of Edwin's, adapting also some suggestions of Helge's and now a suggestion by Asger. Something even better, in the non-multi-paragraph case, might be to make
it say "Default for Standard" or "Default for Itemize" or whatever. But
I think doing this will involve rather more work, as the extant
controller doesn't provide access to this.

There are a couple "FIXME"s here that refer to the fact that
LYX_ALIGN_LAYOUT isn't required to be a possible alignment. Obviously,
it should be. The second patch I've attached makes this change---and
another one, namely: Why should LYX_ALIGN_BLOCK be possible by default?
No good reason, so far as I can see. With this, the two FIXMEs can be
fixed (and I think a proper solution for some other bugs also comes into
sight, but later). I'll commit this as a separate patch, however.

I can commit all of this later tonight if someone tells me how to deal
with the multi-paragraph bit. Or someone can fix that and commit it for
me. I don't care. Either way.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto