Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 03:21:52AM +0300, Dov Feldstern wrote:

Hi!

Attached find a lyx2lyx for patch 1820. It's not perfect, though --- it actually corrupts some files which shouldn't be changed at all; if anyone wants to try and fix that, be my guest, I've just spent the past six hours on this and I'm not sure that it's doable.

Also, this has only convinced me even more that it's wrong to apply a lyx2lyx fix for this patch: this is a bug fix, there were previously .lyx files which were ok, but which lyx was generating incorrect latex for, and patch 1820 fixes that. If there are lyx documents out there which patch 1820 affects, it can only do them good. All this lyx2lyx patch does is to explicitly set the language to the wrong values in all kinds of situations.

FWIW, I agree with you. LyX was generating wrong LaTeX code in those
cases and this should be considered as bug fix. IMO, it is laughable
requiring a lyx2lyx patch in order to perpetuate the bug.
+ ALOT.

rh

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto