Martin Vermeer wrote:

> We already have that: charstyles, which are however pretty
> limited. But they could be extended (under a different name
> probably, "style insets"?)
>
>>  Could something like that do the trick for beamer?  (I haven't
>>  used beamer myself . . .)
>
> Would be a partial solution at best. We also need optarg
> insets extended to accept < > as delimiters instead of
> [ ] . And then a dialog, definable from the .layout file,
>  for picking the various 1- etc strings. (this feature
> would also help implementing Carlisle's enumerate
> extension more generally.)

If we have nested styles. For example a titlepage style, with nested title,
author, date, etc.. with some rules to specify the possible order of nested
styles and a general mechanism for optargs, we will dramatically increase
the amount of latex that can be lyxified ... The gui part is, however, not
that easy.

Cheers,
Charles

--