Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 11:32:08PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:

On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 10:44:50AM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:

Our rule is that if something works, do not fix it. We will have to
show a clear advantage of switching to QProcess.

100% agreed.

Except that in this case it doesn't work.

Maybe that's a surprise to everyone, but I could think of a few:

- less code to maintain on our side

Debatable. You are tied to what a library offers, and if it doesn't
fit your need, you have to workaround it.

As you say, if it works, it works ;-)
There's absolutely no need to reinvent the wheel. And we already depend on this wheel by the way.

Heck, I can't think that
we need an external library even for spawning a new process.

I know how to spawn a process and do redirection using win32 API; but it's code to maintain for absolutely no added benefit. Why would you want your own code to do something that is well understood and done correctly in a library? It's not like we want to do it in another way, is it?
Besides, it's not just about spawning a process.

- simpler code (no #ifdef _FOO_PLATFORM_ anymore)

Simply call platform_call() and define it in support/os_*.cpp.

Be my guest ;-)

Abdel.