First off, I apologize if this lyx "bug" is well known. The scare quotes
are because it could be a qt bug. [It is a cute bug nevertheless -
sorry, sorry :-)]

Currently, on opensuse 10.2, I have lyx 1.5.1 installed (via a Guru
x86_64 suse rpm). It works fine when linking to libqt4 version 4.2.1.
When I upgraded libqt4 to version 4.3.0, lyx opens the same document and
everything works except for one problem. The (black) cursor is missing.
I can make out a small dot every once in a while but it vanishes pretty
soon. When I switched back to libqt4, version 4.2.1, the missing black
cursor returned - thankfully.

Anand