Martin Vermeer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Also, we need to disable font changing inside, right?
>
> No... why? You may want to have font changes inside an index entry. I
> tried and it works in LaTeX too.

OK then. But I would think there are things that not useable there.

The index inset could have a "auto" boolean property which is set to
true when the index contents was derived by LyX. In this case, the
inset would be shown as plain "Idx". This would require an additional
checkbox in the index dialog, which would be unset automatically when
the index contents gets edited.

Does this make sense?