Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
Abdelrazak Younes ha scritto:
and, if they are used to trigger automatically Update::Force and
Update::SinglePar, where is the point in the code that is supposed
to do such triggering action ? Should be in the neighbour of
processUpdateFlags(), but I'm not figuring that out.

I guess you figured out by yourself by now, don't you?
Yep, thx, and I'd like to eliminate the LyXAction::func_attrib / UpdateFlags
enums redundancy, by either:
-) specifying differently LyXActions and UpdateFlags for LFUNs
-) or letting the two concepts collaps, i.e. UpdateFlags go away, and their
  enums are incorporated into LyXAction

Well I don't think these two enums are redundant at all. They are simply two unrelated different things. I'd rather get rid of the UpdateFlags altogether and let BufferView/TextMetrics automatically decides what needs drawing or not. A bit like what we have now with the Row signatures.

But that is another story Tommaso. Please try to put the par height cache patch into good shape first. Your last patch is full of cleanups/redesigns in addition to the par height cache. So I suggest to either put in these first and delay the scrolling part for after, or the opposite.

Abdel.