Jürgen, it seems that floatflt is readded in a few weeks. Should I commit my patch to switch to wrapfig anyway?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [floatflt] about the license of your floatflt LaTeX-package
Datum: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:53:21 +0100
Von: Mats Dahlgren <mats.dahlgren-at-sssk.se>
An: Uwe Stöhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Referenzen: <47A6298B.9090608-at-web.de>

Dear Uwe,

Yes, you may remove the nosell declaration from the floatflt license.

Sincerely,
          mats d.

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Dear Mr. Dahlgren,

the license of floatflt is the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL). But you additionally state in the file flotflt.ins:

"You may freely distribute the files floatflt.dtx and floatflt.ins, provided: 1. You do not take money for the distribution".

The problem is, that the two major LaTeX-distributions "TeXLive" and "MiKTeX" are non-profit, but are collecting money to pay the costs for webservers etc.. Due to the "nosell" statement, all distributions removed floatflt from their repositoris and thus it is no longer usable for standard LaTeX users. (see this discussion: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.live/15236)

I'm a developer of the LaTeX-frontend LyX (http://www.lyx.org) and we use floatflt. Due to its removal, our users can no longer compile the manuals or their documents containing wrapped floats.

So I'm asking if you would allow the distributions to collect money for their needs and remove the explicit nosell declaration from flotflt?

thanks and regards
Uwe Stöhr

--
mats dahlgren    [EMAIL PROTECTED]