Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>> That looks interesting indeed. Putting the development list in copy.
>> Jürgen, José, do you know about that?
>
> I heard of it. But I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to markup languages.
>
> Jürgen

TEI is an archival format. I doubt it is suitable for LyX.

Like Pavel, I'm very dubitative of a move to an xml format. If you look the
wordprocessing xml initiatives, they have all been failures (docbook,
xml-fo / xsl-fo, xmltex). Odf succeeded more because of Microsoft's hate
then anything else.

Xml is slow to parse, the text is buried in very noisy formatting
information and is difficult to hack. In my opinion, history has proved it
is not adapted for wordprocessors.

Lyx final product is LaTeX / XeTeX code. Why not keep a format that is
parsable subset of LaTeX and can easily evolve when more and more LaTeX
features are added to LyX.

Cheers,
Charles
--