<yucky-html-email>
</yucky-html-email>

Makepatch doesn't exist anymore.  Everyone is expected to use cvs to build
patches against the latest cvs not against fix releases.  Although if you
do both (fix release and current) you will make JMarc's job easier.

There are some problems with requiring patch submitters to use cvs.  This
is really only a problem with new files.  I have written a patch for GNU
diffutils-2.7 to get it to emulate `cvs diff`.  This makes diff do similar
stuff to what makepatch tried to do but isn't capable of handling with the
new cvs-based development.  I also have a shell script that you can call
so you don't have to remember which options you should give to diff.

I have these at:

        http://www.devel.lyx.org/~rae/code/

So in summary:
If you have cvs access but no new files use
        `cvs diff -p -N -u`

if you have no cvs access (using snapshots or releases) _or_ have cvs
access but have added new files then get the modified diff and a script
called packcvs from the above site and run:
        packcvs <original.directory> <modified.directory>

Allan. (ARRae)