Allan> So it looks like <sys/types.h> is a safe bet so is there some
Allan> reason this hasn't been checked/fixed yet?

I used unsigned long int instead. We do not want to include header
files in lyxlib.h

Allan> Actually here's an even better question. Why does
Allan> support/lyxlib.h contain:
[...]
Allan> I can see why you might want to make entries in a struct static
Allan> but surely the function signatures should match. At least
Allan> switching to something like my suggestion you keep the function
Allan> signatures matching irrespective of the compilers capabilities.

YES! I've been wanting to suggest that for a while, but feared
retaliation measures from Lars for suggesting the use of the C
preprocessor (like drop support for gcc 2.8.1, for example :).