>Hi Vincent!
>

>Are you interested in this feature as an end-user or as
>a developer, if I may ask?

I'm afraid that would be as a developer.

>I would like to know if there is any dev out there who
>is interested to cover this gap and get payed for it
>(+ having the coding pleasure which can't be payed)?

If we know what the solution is, the implementation is straightforward I guess.

I think we should output \textlatin for the latin characters as we do with
\textgreek for greek characters.

Language English:
        \textcyr{\char254} \textgreek{a} s

Language Greek:
        \textcyr{\char254} <alpha unicode char> \textlatin{s}

Language Russian:
        <russian unicode char> \textgreek{a} \textlatin{s}
or
        <russian unicode char> \textgreek{a} s

Then we still need to hardcode for which encodings/languages we should use the
\textlatin notation. (But things are already hardcoded for textcyr and
textgreek as well.

Is this ok ?

Vincent