I have also created a tag in cvs: lyx-1_1_6pre1

The tar file: lyx-1.1.6pre1.tar.gz has been put on
ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/devel/ and ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/

I'll announce the prerelease here on the devel list first, and on the
users list + announce a bit later.

As always be careful to backup your documents before trying out this
prerelease. (you will have a hard time loading a document saved in
1.1.6pre1 in 1.1.5...)

Please report all problems so that we can fix them as soon as
possible. (if you already have reported a porblem, please report it
again)

I expect that there will be a couple of more prereleases before 1.1.6
proper is released.

        Lgb