On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
>> I think you can. However, I can't judge right now whether it's better
>> to do it asynchronously or not. So, it might be that we should still
>> do it asynchronously, but the reasoning stated in the comment is not
>> valid anymore.
>
> I propose the following patch (diff against trunk). I moved the comment to the
> actual function, so we know at least why the asynchronous call was introduced.
>
> I propose to commit this to trunk and later, if no problems arise, to branch.
>
> OK?
>
> Jürgen

It's fine with me.

Only three nitpicks:

- There will be some point in time that I will start wondering what
the difference is between processing the queue and performing the
requests. Then I'll find out that they do the same thing but that the
only difference is that performing means it's done asynchronously.
That's why I would prefer to call the function
processFuncRequestQueueAsynchronously() or some abbreviated form.

- You add the two function declarations to GuiApplication.h in the
section with the description "Methods inherited from Application", but
these function are not inherited. Maybe they should be declared in
Application.h as well. (I still want to make a guiless LyX in some
point of time).
There are more functions not located appropriately, but well, don't
mess it up more than necessary.

- Please add some description to these function declarations.

Vincent