Am 03.11.2010 um 12:21 schrieb Pavel Sanda:

> Stephan Witt wrote:
>> The problem with the error messages lead me to the status check
>> implementation.
>> Now it is in place I think it's much better with it then without it.
>> I'd say it should not be dropped.
>>
>> Please, ask your questions you have regarding CvsStatus and I'll explain.
>
> the darkest thing was how/when are states supposed to switch from one to
> another.

The status switch is not done by LyX. It "happens" by using cvs commands or
saving changes of the document.
It's only queried to make a qualified decision what to ask the user or what
operation to deny.

E. g.
You have a modified checkout cvs states "Locally modified".
If another user commits his change cvs states "Needs Merge".
If your checkout is clean instead it says "Needs Checkout".

> you can always guess something from code, but in case you make bug it would
> be hard job for anyone else to guess what was the intention.

So adding more comments would help...

>> BTW, did you follow my change to the manual Additional.lyx? Is it ok?
>
> yes, i quickly came through it few days ago to make clear idea how are the
> reserved checkouts
> related to locking in other backends. since i was able to understand, it
> looks fine ;)

I'll accept the changes then.

> most probably you want some changes in wiki too.

Will have a look.

Stephan