Am 07.11.2010 um 10:58 schrieb Liviu Andronic:

> On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Abdelrazak Younes <you...@lyx.org> wrote:
>>> Mac user friendliness is an acquired taste.
>>
>> Just as Windows or any other desktop then :-)
>> But it seems that MacOS wants to impose me a way of working and I really
>> don't like it. I find it particularly irritating that I cannot maximize all
>> windows the same way. Safari for example only maximizes vertically. I hope
>> LyX is not doing the same.
>> Also, the only way to resize a window seems to be the grip control on the
>> bottom right...
>>
> Why not install Linux on the Mac, then? From what I understand, the
> latest Macs are fully compatible with x86.

I tried it and I'd recommend the use of VirtualBox instead.
I don't know the hardware resources of Abdels mac book... but it should work
really good.
Linux distros are not optimal for the mac book hardware.
The usual nasty details like fan control, battery lifetime etc are not well
supported.
I cannot judge the latest distros - but as I tried I could work without
power-supply
4 times longer with Mac OS X as with (SuSE) Linux.

Stephan