Am 18.11.2010 um 12:43 schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

>> Vincent?
>>

> Yes, it's on the radar.
>
> The fix is ok, it's exactly the same as the way we fixed it for
> lyxvc().file_found_hook.
>
> Now I started wondering what we should do if we load an emergency save
> and it appears that the original file is read-only. Then we don't want
> to make the loaded emergency save read-only as we cannot save it then
> (IIRC).

You can save it then with changed name.

The situation you describe is not impossible. But it should not happen
by LyX - only with external tools. E. g. rcs checkin with command line
after the emergency save or restore from some backup.
If the file is read-only there should be no emergency save. If it's there
something strange happened. The user should save the file with modified
file name then.

Stephan