Am 22.11.2010 um 01:10 schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

> Op 21-11-2010 22:07, Sebastian Guttenberg schreef:
>> I have tested again, and the behavior has changed a bit. This time the
>> read-only file was respected. Let me give you something reproducible.
>> Just do the following steps:
>>
>> * start a new file and save it as test.lyx (don't close it)
>> * open a terminal and change the file permissions to read-only:
>> chmod a-w test.lyx
>> * continue editing your file in lyx and save it. You won't have problems
>> in doing so.
>>
>> If I open files that are read-only already before opening them with lyx,
>> the behaviour depends on the lyx-version of the file:
>> * read-only lyx1.6.5 files can be overwritten
>> * read-only lyx2.0 files are marked as read-only and cannot be
>> overwritten
>>
>> - Sebastian
>>

> So, the only bug is that when LyX2.0 opens a LyX1.6.5 file, the read-only
> flag is not set correctly?
>
> This is the same problem as reported in bug
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7035 and discussed in the following thread
> http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg163371.html.
>
> I will fix this.

That would be nice. It would solve the version control bug.

One thing I'm not sure is the change for the assignment of
params().compressed in the patch I sent. The only reason why
I adjusted it because I did want to be consistent.
Perhaps you should omit it and fix the read-only state issue alone...

Stephan