On 2011-12-08, Richard Heck wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 07:10 PM, Pavel Sanda wrote:
>> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

>>> To me, it is a user preference for all document (for example, people may
>>> want that for UserGuide). Did you have requests for buffer-local setting?
>>> Your solution gives both more (per-document) and less (no luck with
>>> documents from others) functionality.

>> wasn't this feature requested more times from CJK users? my understanding
>> was that their text has fewer whitespacing and justified alignment looks
>> horrible. in such case this property is bound to document language not
>> just ui setting.

> That's the kind of thing I had in mind. Think of German with its
> insanely long words. One might want it for such documents, and not for
> English ones.

I want this setting for all Documents (be they German or English). It is
also extremely useful for small screens and structured texts ((nested)
lists, captions, ...).

But I can also live with a per-document setting (the only downside is that
I'll have to wait for it longer, as this means a fileformat change).

Thanks for the work,

Günter