On 05/02/2012 04:57 PM, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 07:44:00PM +0200, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

2012/5/2 Richard Heck<rgh...@comcast.net>:
No, the idea would be to use the full path only when it was needed to
disambiguate. I.e., if you have to bst files in your tree with the same
name. The problem, not that it's a huge one, is that we list both files in
the dialog, but you get the same result whichever you choose. So the other
suggestion was only to list e.g. "econometrica" once.
OK. I'd rather not make that automatic, though, but add an option to
output full path. Automatism might lead to unexpected results.
And you really don't need to give the full path, but only include the
last path components that differentiate the 2 entries. This even works
with miktex:

$ kpsewhich base/latex.ltx
C:/Program Files/MiKTeX 2.9/tex/latex/base/latex.ltx

That would presumably also allow us just to show these partial paths in the dialog.

So perhaps we can decide how to handle this. Let's say you've got dir1/file.bst and also dir2/file.bst. We display them that way. Now suppose someone chooses one of them. Should we automatically insert that partial path? Or should we, as Jurgen suggested, merely offer to do so? Or should there be a button that says something like "Show duplicate bst files", and, if that's checked, we show them all and insert the partial path if necessary?

Richard