Le 23/09/2012 23:15, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
This is not changing strings, but I wonder whether I should revert
824fe175 (keep undo information after save as...), after seeing the
crashes found by pavel in bug 8342. The undo errors the commit intended
to fix are fixed by the patch to 8342 anyway.

This is still pending

It seems that there are some link errors in windows after my patch
to to bug 7741. I have not looked at it yet.
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8349

Fixed in branch now.

I have a second patch I would like to backport to branch: 7a7b9abf1b3f4
It does not change strings. I am waiting for some feedback from Uwe on
the fix to bug 7741 first, because the two touch the same feature (UI
language selection).

Committed by mistake. Let's see the result :) More seriously, my only question is that I have written code like:
+               string const filen = locale_dir + "/" + code
+                       + "/LC_MESSAGES/"PACKAGE".mo";
+               if (FileName(filen).isReadableFile())
+ ...
and I wonder wther this still works under windows. I think I am dealing with internal representation, so I can use explicit / for directories, right?

Or is it going to break for windows? The symptom would be simple: bad list of available translations for GUI language in prefs.