On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
<lasgout...@lyx.org> wrote:
> 12/04/2013 03:59, Cyrille Artho:
>
>> (5) Time commitment. This depends on the abilities of the student, and
>> also on the time zone difference (there is less you can do if the
>> student is eight hours away). Early on in the project, one hour per day
>> or even more is common, so make sure you have enough time to mentor a
>> student if you are the primary mentor of a project.
>

> Reading all this makes me reconsider my offer to be a mentor (for horizontal
> scroll bars)... What are the start and stop dates for GSoC? I will take some
> vacations during this period...

The timeline is here:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2013 . Work
happens basically between beginning of June to beginning of September.

Given the nr of projects that Google will actually accept, I think
that in principle it will be possible to have two (or maybe three)
mentors for the same project. Plus lyx-devel. And we always have Scott
and Cyrille to back up in case of unexpected commitments. I don't know
how it will pan out, but I think it should be doable even considering
vacations. Maybe Cyrille can add more on this.

Liviu