On 31/05/2013 7:32 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:

It's taken me a while to figure out how to reproduce this bug. For a
while, I though it must be me hitting the wrong keys somehow. But now I
can give a recipe.

Open a footnote. Type a few characters, then hit "emphasize" (Ctrl-E,
however you like). When you start typing now, the characters will be the
wrong size. This does not affect LaTeX output, but only the on-screen
rendering. This happens ONLY when you are at the end of the inset, and
only if you have not backed up or something. It's most obvious if you
put a footnote in a section title, for example. Then you get huge,
sans-serif italics, e.g.

This is in both branch and trunk. Presumably the "old font" or something
is still set to whatever was outside the inset.

Richard

This sounds like #7515 which I reported in April 2011. It also occurred with margin notes. I see it has, Keywords: cosmetic; Priority: lowest; Severity: trivial (all of which sound like a great spur to developers to roll up their sleeves and resolve it).

Andrew