Am 24.10.2015 um 07:11 schrieb Peter Kümmel <syntheti...@gmx.net>:

> Am 23.10.2015 um 21:27 schrieb Stephan Witt:
>>> See <http://mid.gmane.org/326d2a33-d65f-488d-9bc3-5331535a4...@lyx.org>
>>> and subsequent messages. The only concrete example was Jean-Marc's OSX
>>> 10.7 computer, although in this case there is a straightfoward fix
>>> according to Google.
>>
>> Note, I've to pass --disable-cxx11 to configure to build LyX on
>> my system. LyX 2.1.x an Mac is available for systems back to OS 10.6
>> for LyX 2.2.0 there isn't any statement for which systems it should
>> be available.
>>
>> Stephan
>
> The compiler version depends on the developer system/Xcode version not the
> Mac OS target version.

Yes, that's the theory. But I have an 10.6 system to build LyX for i386 on 10.5
because this isn't possible anymore with newer Qt on 10.8. Sorry, I cannot
recall the details ATM.

> Overall "Mac users" are used to see new features not supported on older
> systems. So I see no problem to have 2.2 running on more recent OS version.

There is a difference between a new feature not supported on old systems
and an application not supported anymore.

I don't have a problem with not supporting any old system either.
It should be written somewhere in the RELEASE notes if LyX 2.2 is
not available for 10.5 anymore, IMO.

Stephan