On 25/03/2016 11:51 a.m., Richard Heck wrote:
On 03/24/2016 06:16 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 10:27:32AM +1300, Andrew Parsloe wrote:
I notice (in 2.2 beta2 on windows7) on typing LyX, TeX, LaTeX, LaTeX2e, that
these strings are *not* converted to the logos. Nor does saving, closing and
reopening the document convert them to the logos, nor do they display as
logos in the pdf.
Indeed, now they are available in Insert > Special Characters > Logos.
Or if you insert them often you can use View > Toolbars > LyX
Documentation tools. For more information, see:
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4752

However, if I export to 2.1 format and then reload that document in 2.2
beta2, they *are* converted to the logos.

Something has been overlooked here.
I agree. Should export to 2.1.x convert the (non-logo) text "LyX" to ERT?
If we want to do something here, then that is probably the best
solution. It's not obvious to me that this is a huge bug, but if someone
noticed it....

Richard
If you have a document only partly completed in 2.1, graduate to 2.2 and continue to work on it there, then you will have a mix of logos and text forms for LyX, LaTeX etc. in the pdf (and, like me, will probably expect to get the logos simply by typing the names as in 2.1). Yes it is only a small thing, but in a world where there is a clear wish for such programs as microtype to prettify the typesetting, I suspect it needs some attention -- at least a clear mention in New in LyX 2.2 on the Wiki (and in due course in the Announcement). I can't see anything there at the moment.

I noticed it when working on my pLyX system, trying to upgrade it from the current contraption to something more workable. In the documentation there are myriad references to pLyX, LyX, LaTeX. For a new anonymizing script, I arranged for \SpecialChar forms to be bypassed but saw that some references to LyX, LaTeX etc. were bypassed as expected and others were anonymized.

Andrew

---