On 2/04/2016 8:17 p.m., Scott Kostyshak wrote:
On Fri, Apr 01, 2016 at 09:23:05PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
"Add a template and/or example file to lib/templates/ respectively
lib/examples/."
-->
(just a suggestion that sounds more natural to me, although it looks
weird with "and/or" in-between directory paths. Your call.)
"Add a template and/or example file to lib/templates/ and/or
lib/examples/, respectively."

Scott
As the son of a teacher of English and someone who spent a number of years indexing, editing and proofreading books, I question whether the "and/or" construction is needed at all. Just "or" suffices, the "respectively" making it clear which destination is appropriate. So: "Add a template or example file to lib/templates/ or lib/examples/, respectively."

Andrew

---